Re: Strange function/pipestatus behavior, maybe a scope bug?

On Oct 24,  5:03pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: Strange function/pipestatus behavior, maybe a scope bug?
}
} On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 16:48:29 +0100
} Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > There is some bad interaction with completion, at least on my setup
} > (happens from a vanilla setup, too):
} >
} > % true | true | false
} > % print $pipest<TAB>
} > 0
} >
} > This doesn't seem to happen with hooks, so completion is failing to save
} > something it should.
}
} Hmm... does the following have any bad effects?  If we're really only
} after the return value of the function, I don't think it should...

I don't see any reason why that wouldn't be correct.  Possibly the
save/restore of lastval there predates doshfunc() having similar code?