Re: mkmakemod.sh 2nd stage build failure

On Jan 4,  9:21pm, Kete wrote:
} Subject: mkmakemod.sh 2nd stage build failure
}
} Hello,
} I am trying to build Zsh for an emerging package manager named Guix,
} but the build failed at the second stage of mkmakemod.sh when it tried
} to use /bin/sh. I see I can disable the 2nd stage with an -i option.
} What are the consequences of disabling the second stage?

The -m and -i options of mkmakemod.sh are used by different parts of the
build process (see Src/Makemod.in.in) -- they aren't intended for the
caller of the build process to change it.

The second stage has to be done at least once during the build, it can't
be avoided entirely.

} creating Src/Makemod.in
} Src/../Src/mkmakemod.sh: line 467: /bin/sh: No such file or directory
} Makefile:299: recipe for target 'Makemod' failed
} make[1]: *** [Makemod] Error 1
}
} Here are lines 464-470 of mkmakemod.sh:
}
} if $second_stage ; then
}     trap "rm -f $the_subdir/${the_makefile}; exit 1" 1 2 15
}
}     ${CONFIG_SHELL-/bin/sh} ./config.status \
} 	--file=$the_subdir/${the_makefile}:$the_subdir/${the_makefile}.in ||
}     exit 1
} fi

Your better option here is to export a value for CONFIG_SHELL into the
environment before starting the build.  There must be *some* shell
that is executing mkmakemod.sh itself; you just need set CONFIG_SHELL
to that path.  (We can't guarantee that $SHELL is suitable.)