Re: vcs_info for mercurial doesn't detect shared repos

Benjamin Peterson wrote:
> Hi,

Hey!

> The hg share extension [1] lets you have multiple working trees with
> with the same backing repository. It seems vcs_info fails to detect
> working copies where the share extension is used because those .hg dirs
> don't contain "store" or "data" subdirectories as the VCS detection
> requires. It think it would be safer to look for the "hgrc" or "branch"
> file.

We used to use ‘branch’ as the file to check for but moved away from it,
because it didn't work reliably with newer versions of mercurial (this
might have changed again in the meantime, since I don't follow
mercurial's development too closely).

Checking for ‘hgrc’ is not an option, because ~/.hg/hgrc is a possible
configuration file location, which would lead to false positives in the
user's home directory.

If a mercurial developer has an idea on how to properly detect this
particular extension, I'd be all ears. ;)

Regards, Frank

                                                  -- RFC 1925