segfault in tab-completion menu if terminal is only one line tall

Hi,

this is a forward of http://bugs.debian.org/527110

--->8---
zsh version 4.3.9 segfaults when I have a terminal emulator open with
only one window available for the term and then do a tab completion.
Steps to reproduce below.

It should be mentioned that I've tried to reproduce the bug with 'zsh
-f', but I can't. Therefore I am attaching the output from the
Util/reporter script. The reason I'm mentioning this is because it
says bugs should be reproduced with the -f flag (in the README from
the source root dir) and if it can't the output from the Util/reporter
script (also from source root dir) should be included.

I can, however, reproduce the bug every time when not using the -f
flag. Steps to reproduce:

1. Open terminal emulator

2. Resize window so that there's only one line for the shell (i.e.
where the prompt also is).

3. Enter: ls <tab><tab> (that is, begin typing the 'ls' command, then
press tabulator twice to tab complete.)

[…]
---8<---

Later in the thread it became clear that the following commands are
necessary, too, if starting with just "zsh -f":

zstyle ':completion:*' menu select=long-list select=0
zstyle ':completion:*' select-prompt '%SScrolling active - %l%s'
autoload -Uz compinit
compinit

I can reproduce this issue with 5.0.5 as currently in Debian
Unstable/Testing. It initially has been reported against zsh 4.3.9.

		Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html | abe@xxxxxxxxx (Mail+Jabber)
/ \  I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://noone.org/abe/ (Web)