Re: zle: vi mode: wrong undo handling on fresh lines

On Jan 25, 12:19am, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
}
} I find the effect of this change to undo to be very annoying. Typically
} undo now wipes the whole buffer which isn't much use. In particular, the
} old behaviour of undo after a completion is important to me. I
} understand that it rightly should be marking the start of an insertion
} at this point.

Yes, I think it's a bug that completion doesn't behave as if you've
left and then re-entered insert mode.  That's a bit different than what
you mentioned about the vim behavior.

} However, even aside from that, the change doesn't seem to
} be quite right: e.g. vi-repeat (dot) can't repeat the initial insertion.

Worse than that, vi-repeat forllowing the initial insertion repeats
the accept-line from the end of the previous command, thus attempting
to execute the (usually partial) current command line immediately.

Clearly more is needed to properly set up the vi-mode state at the start
of the buffer.