Re: Tests of interrupting completion, and completion_nostat_dirs

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 18:12:06 -0800
> } I'll attach the patch below, if you'd be willing to incorporate
> } something like it let me know, I'd certainly prefer to have it part of
> } zsh.  I would add documentation of course.
>
> Hmm, to include this I'd probably want completion_nostat_dirs to be an
> autoloaded parameter in the zsh/complete module or something like that.
> It doesn't have any of those right now (the magic parameters that are
> only valid inside completion widgets are a somewhat different beast) but
> there's no reason it couldn't.

This has traditionally been done using something that's only seen by
completion that gets passed in from above.  It could, for example, be
something in compstate set at the top level of _main_complete, but there
are other mechanisms: the menu completion library uses its own
parameters that are set by styles, and sometimes the effect of styles
get passed into builtins which probably doesn't fit here.  A style would
certainly fit better with the rest of the completion system.

This is different from ZLE which doesn't use styles so gets configured
by straight parameters --- that's not ideal; it would be better to use
some form of namespace if we could.

pws