Re: Pre-5.0.5 part 3: Heuristic for ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT

On 2 Feb, Bart wrote:
> Another one we agreed to leave for after a stable release.  This takes a
> best guess at whether the terminal can handle having a character written
> to the lower right corner, and removes an unnecessary import from the
> environment [it is already handled correctly by the generic environment
> import in createparamtable()].

This is resulting in my cursor appearing one column more to the left
than it should. Actually, ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT=0 with 5.0.5
is enough for that to occur. This effect seems to occur only on some
terminals but may be version specific because I get different results
for the same terminal on different systems.

None of the terminals I have are attempting to scroll when writing to
the bottom right corner. The ones that work are ignoring a subsequent
backward cursor movement – as if the cursor had really moved beyond the
edge of terminal.

The output of the following demonstrates:
  print -lrn ${(l:$COLUMNS:):-x};echoti cub1;echoti cub1;sleep 1

On a working terminal, the cursor is just to the left of the x for the 1
second delay. On those that fail, it is two back. Is it perhaps possible
to fix this by changing from a relative to an absolute cursor movement
after the RPROMPT is displayed?

Oliver