Re: zsh got stuck without any message because of history lock file

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 22:02:32 -0700
> However, this would mean that every zsh that is accessing the same
> HISTFILE has to be using the same locking options.  Is that OK?

Sounds highly plausible.  It's hard to construct an argument where
locking a single file with multiple different mechanisms is the right
answer.

It's fairly easy to get inconsistent shell options, however.  I suppose
we could think about simple tests to see if it looks like it's been
locked a different way and print a warning.

pws