Re: pcre module problem

On Sun, 18 May 2014 21:46:53 +0900
jdhenman@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I just installed 14.04 and buils zsh  5.0.5 (..i686.linux-gnu).
>
> I set zsh as my logon shell using chsh -s /bin/zsh (after putting
> /bin/zsh in /etc/shells
>
> When I start up a console window zsh is started up but I am getting a
> pcre related error.
>
> "failed to load module "zsh/pcre": /lib/zsh/5.0.5/zsh/pcre.so: ... No
> such file or directory"

Just to check the obvious... presumably there are *some* files in
the directory /lib/zsh/5.0.5/zsh ?  Otherwise the shell didn't get
installed properly.

Does that file exist?  If not, your zsh built without pcre --- that's
perfectly OK since it's a non-standard feature most people don't need,
but something in one of your start up files needs it.  It could be a
"zmodload zsh/pcre". or it might be an autoload causing pcre to be
loaded when it sees an expression like "[[ ... =~ ... ]]"

If it does exist, what does

ldd /lib/zsh/5.0.5/zsh/pcre.so

say?

pws