Re: (Y) modifier: up to N matches?

On Jun 2,  6:23pm, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
}
} Would it make sense to have (Y) take a numeric argument specifying the
} maximal number of files to match? e.g., *(NY5) would expand to between
} 0 and 5 filenames (but never more than 5).

My concern is that people are going to expect the (o)/(O) qualifiers to
take effect before (Y) does, and will be confused about the "skipped"
files when it takes effect after.  If (Y) can't return more than one
result, there's nothing to sort.

However, I can't come up with any other objection.