Re: History bug in zsh 5.0.5

On Jun 4,  5:09pm, Axel Beckert wrote:
}
} > > How to reproduce:
} > > 1. Enable this options in ~/.zshrc: extended_history, inc_append_history, share_history
} > > 2. Restart shell
} > > 3. Open two tabs (shells)
} > > 4. Type 'echo 123' in first shell
} > > 5. Press Ctrl+R in second shell: 'echo 123' is not in history
} > > 6. Just press enter
} > > 7. CTRL+R, and you'll see the updated list
}
} There's no sleep or such in
} RoboSloNE's report and it's about SHARE_HISTORY which
} zsh-workers/32682 isn't (IIRC).
}
} I think he rather argues, that Ctrl-R should already reread the
} history from disk and not only the next command (or an empty command
} by just pressing enter).

Hm, I see your point, it's not clear which shell is step (6).

If he thinks ^R ought to be reading the shared history before it starts
a search, though, he's reporting a "bug" that has existed for as long
as there has been shared history, because the file has never been re-
read except between redraws of the prompt.