Re: Weird completion bug in Src/Zle/compmatch.c#bld_line

On Jun 9, 11:18am, nicolas.canceill wrote:
}
} Since it initially got posted on zsh-users, let me summarize the bug
} for you.

This is OK because it's good to have the bug description in the archive,
but it's not strictly necessary because all zsh-users mail is forwarded
to zsh-workers.

} Actual behavior: the suffix gets completed, but a letter is inserted
} before the suffix. This letter is the n-th character of the suffix, in
} inverted case. The baby changes into a pig.

The "nth character in inverted case" may be a red herring.  If you do

    % touch '?ghi' '!ghi'
    % : g<TAB>
    % : \Hghi

so I think we've got a simple case of a pointer running off the end of a
buffer and using whatever random stuff is there, and it just happens that
most of the time that's part of the suffix.

--
Barton E. Schaefer