Re: $(...) and <<

On Jul 31, 10:27am, Stephane Chazelas wrote:
}
} $ zsh -c 'echo $(cat << EOF
} blah)
} EOF
} ); echo test'
} zsh:4: parse error near `)'

Yeah, to fix that we're going to have a write a whole new chunk of parser
(lexer, really) specifically for $(...).  There's an entry point for it
now, but all it does is try to lexically consume a string ending with ")";
it handles balanced paren pairs but not the situation above.  Same with

% echo $(case $foo in
bar) echo test;;
zsh: parse error near `;;'

} By the way, is there  any plan of having an issue tracker for
} zsh somewhere. That would help to keep track of the known
} issues.

An issue tracker needs to be part of a larger plan -- we tried using the
tracker at SourceForge but it didn't work because no one monitors it, so
it became an issue black hole.  At the moment there isn't anyone to take
that responsibility.