Re: Possible bug to RPROMPT

On Aug 4,  8:50pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: Possible bug to RPROMPT
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > For a more complicated example of a prompt that looks like what you
} > want but does not use RPROMPT to accomplish it, read the "Prompt Themes"
} > section of "man zshcontrib" and then try "prompt -h bart".
}
} I can't help feeling it should be easier than that...

The really complicated bits are removing the upper right prompt as the
upper left prompt gets longer, and moving the %~ expansion to a third
line if things are still "too long".

} We could do with something that works a bit like \fil so that you can
} divide up the remaining width in proportion.

That'd be interesting, but what's really needed is for %<...< and %>...>
to have a truncation length that's relative to the number of columns
remaining in the line.  Hmm, perhaps %12<...< means truncate at 12
characters, and %-12<...< means to truncate at the remaining length of
the current line minus twelve characters?