Re: Custom auto complete

On Aug 4,  1:39pm, Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
}       # Now anything starting with '?'
}       (\?*) _message "Querying answerfile"
}             compstate[insert]=menu
}             compadd -U -a answers  # -U to replace "?" with the result

Hmm, it occurs to me that this should probably be in the order

            compadd -U -a answers  # -U to replace "?" with the result
            compstate[insert]=menu

so that the initial value of compstate[insert] is visible to compadd
before we change it.  I don't know exactly when that would matter, but
the doc for compstate[insert] implies that it might.