Re: zsh 5.0.5-dev-2

On Aug 14, 10:32am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: zsh 5.0.5-dev-2
}
} > > Can we perhaps just remove or comment out that one error message for a
} > > release?
} >
} > zsh -fw
} > cd /
} > zsh: path expansion failed, using root directory
} >
} > We certainly need to do something.  But if this is the only issue, can't
} > it be straightforwardly fixed like this?
}
} If someone can reassure me that the weird undocumented interaction with
} xbuf bypassing parameter passing starts here --- i.e. we are resetting
} xbuf here, then xsymlinks fiddles with it and this code looks at the
} result --- then I can't see how this change can be wrong as far as it
} goes.  The question is, is there more to it?

I don't have time to compose a more thorough response here, but I think
this may have been discussed in the previous thread.  I'll look at it
again in 10 hours or so if it will help ...