The default $fpath

Hello,

I have a complaint about the default $fpath contents.

Let's assume that I write a program, let's call it "Foo". I want to support Zsh completion for Foo, so I write a shell completion script. By default, if someone builds Foo from source, Foo should be installed under prefix /usr/local. Distributions will install Foo under prefix /usr.

Regardless of whether Foo is installed under /usr or /usr/local, I want the Zsh completion to Just Work. I think it should not matter whether the Zsh completion is installed under /usr/share/zsh/site-functions or /usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions, the completion script should be picked up by Zsh either way.

On some distributions this appears to work, but not all. At least Fedora's Zsh doesn't include /usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions in the default $fpath. This doesn't seem to be Fedora's fault. As far as I can see, Zsh upstream doesn't include /usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions in $fpath if the install prefix is /usr.

Would a patch be accepted that adds /usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions to $fpath always, no matter what the install prefix is?

--
Tanu