Re: Prompt problem in zsh 4.3.17

Axel Beckert wrote:
[...]
> Manfred Lotz schrieb am Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 11:33:51AM +0200:
>> I'm on a Debian system where trying to check out predefined prompts
>> gives me this:
>>
>> prompt fade yellow
>> █▓▒░manfred@myserver█▓▒░ Thu Sep 18 11:32:31am
>> _cwd}~/
[...]
> Edit /usr/share/zsh/functions/Prompts/prompt_fade_setup as root and
> change in line 34 %F{fadebar_cwd} to %F{$fadebar_cwd} (a dollar sign
> is missing).
>
> In case there should be a security update of zsh in Debian Wheezy, you
> may need to redo this.

Better yet: Copy

   /usr/share/zsh/functions/Prompts/prompt_fade_setup

   /usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions/prompt_fade_setup

And put the fix into that file. On debian,
/usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions is the first entry in $fpath and
thus entries from it will override any other files. Therefore a file in
there would survive package upgrades as well.

Regards, Frank