Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: zsh 5.0.7 released
- X-seq: zsh-workers 33414
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: "Zsh Hackers' List" <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: zsh 5.0.7 released
- Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 18:54:17 -0700
- Cc: shawn wilson <ag4ve.us@xxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <CAH_OBicE38Mj6FW=1bbXMH7YZWNb0FRsPUM9wEPtKQe+3Z-V3A@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <email@example.com> <CAH_OBieFY24--_Ka637pM0g-iKEKLrnz4zXLcWKj9_mx+DKnfirstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CAH_OBicE38Mj6FW=1bbXMH7YZWNb0FRsPUM9wEPtKQe+3Z-V3A@mail.gmail.com>
On Oct 9, 6:41pm, shawn wilson wrote:
} > > > privilege escalation, under some specific and atypical conditions
} > > > where zsh is being invoked in privilege elevation contexts when the
} > > > environment has not been properly sanitized, such as when zsh is
} > > > invoked by sudo on systems where "env_reset" has been disabled.
} > >
} > > Was this security issue in SSH discussed on the list somewhere (I can't
Did you mean zsh instead of bash?
} > > seem to find other mention of it outside the readme - not even direct
} > > mention in changelog or git log)...?
} And I was referring to the zsh readme, changelog, git log.
The paragraph about "privilege escalation" quoted above appears at the
top of the README file.
Change log entry is this:
2014-09-29 Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
* users/19183: Src/hist.c: handle unlikely error case with
* 33276: Src/params.c, Src/zsh.h: safer import of numerical
variables from environment.
The git log is very brief and is the same as the 33276 ChangeLog.
} > I don't know of an ssh issue, but the sudo issue was discussed offline.
} > The original point about sanitising integer imports, however, was
} > here.
} Huh, I'll look again.
The first mention of the integer import problem on the list is here:
Barton E. Schaefer
Messages sorted by: