Re: Opts -i and -s no longer work together, haven't for while

On Sat, 11 Oct 2014 13:07:08 -0700
> } Do we want to change this, or document it?  We'd have to move the
> } default setting of opts[USEZLE] from zsh_main() into parseargs(),
> } I think.
>
> There are a couple of ways to spin this.  We can either disable ZLE
> any time the -s option is given, or we can set ZLE from isatty(0)
> when -s is given.  The latter is more consistent with the past two
> decades of behavior.

Probably be good to allow ZLE if there's away of doing it, yes.

> Then we have to decide what to do of -Z is explicitly given.  There
> is also the effect of SINGLECOMMAND (-t) to consider; it overrides -Z
> and turns off prompting as well, unless -i is given along with it.
> So I think -s should also take precedence.

From what you're saying, two decades of behaviour haven't done anyone
much use at all when combining -i and -s --- the -s is effectively
ignroed.  So actually I don't think it's all that crucial as long as the
only changes are where both are given, which is what you're suggesting:

>     zsh -fis <<<setopt		# should differ
>     zsh -Z -fis <<<setopt	# should differ
>     zsh -fist <<<setopt		# differ

-s being the part of the business that has been ignored, it's hard to
see how making it take precedence now can break anything that was
working and that logically should have worked.  So it all sounds fine
to me.

pws