Re: [BUG] Unicode variables can be exported and are exported metafied

2014-12-20 01:44:10 +0300, ZyX:
[...]
[about making the shell syntax locale-dependant]
> bash: echoes $абв
[...]

You'd have gotten a different behaviour in a single-byte locale.

Related discussion:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.shells.bash.bugs/22367

Personally, I think I'd rather shell variable names be limited
to ASCII [:alnum:]_.

Making the shell syntax locale dependant is a problem in scripts
(and we're already affected by that to some extent with
utilities) because there, it's the *author*'s locale that
matters, not the user's.

(Or else, you could do like rc and allow anything allowed in env
vars (rc allows any name as long as it's not empty and doesn't
contain `=`).

--
Stephane