Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: [PATCH] _git: Respect tags for subcommand completion.
- X-seq: zsh-workers 34047
- From: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] _git: Respect tags for subcommand completion.
- Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 02:33:29 +0100
- Cc: zsh workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=0ZFuKqJWq6YuK/uQF86Le70ibUyXTYYhx9c+nmg2cUY=; b=BmXwLWxzYu2442gk46oRiSTJFn7Fy3A+khbNqoThv+VRpLljWT2SoOnXxbAt2xfQjs a34fd15KwdsyCI3ddd+cAbLFU+mZbGLIjlgo5+djz28oO77VF7mhzl1sCvP9JFHiOOQC aCfrJmX66vP5puPN9docA3m9G/pQyl69rcLc1YgoTH/xHCJdavbcgqo4ReY8YZtjTnjj hbny86wojTbZvewqM+N2qdY+iC40UkFuqjTVX+fEetGtbOL0IajL4Q+p8QfppGDsSGDx POaux+pi60xF6galshr9TsCmEP+3zGo7DVe4eoG4yIKvg8VNGImsM00PyY4OpcvEEnl/ RzCA==
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20141222204546.GC15399@tarsus.local2> <CAHYJk3Q7Y2kF8tGvg_BnAVmjtFEy41oFTz1tbqUex=kqQ7JPnw@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com>
On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 1:27 AM, Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mikael Magnusson wrote:
>> > Attached a patch to improve the 'git <TAB>' user experience.
>> Could you write a few words about what the patch actually does? Eg,
>> what's wrong with the current status quo?
> Did you perhaps not notice the subsequent text in the lead up to the
> The current code is not using a single tag loop for all of the different
> types of commands. The default behaviour won't change much but with
> the tag-order style, you will be able to reorder the commands or have
> certain types only completed if others don't match or if _next_tags is
I did see it, but I didn't understand what difference it would make
since I already successfully use tag-order with _git. I see now though
that it only works because I hide some tags, I don't reorder anything.
(eg, with the - '! plumbing-blabla' syntax).
Messages sorted by: