Re: make check problem

On 22 January 2015 at 00:34, Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm getting this 'make check' problem:
>
>     ./V07pcre.ztst: skipped (the zsh/pcre module is not available)
>
> All three 'pcre_*' functions exist in both:
>
> /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpcre.a
> /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpcre.so
>
> ... so I'm wondering why they are not linked.
>
> This is under Debian  testing.

(On webmail, apologies if the format is a bit uncontrollable.)

This is quite a common problem if your Linux setup isn't
specifically installed for software development.

The check needs to be able to perform a compilation,
so it has to find the headers as well as the libraries.
Those are typically in some additional package.  You'll
probably find you have a package "pcre" installed and
need another one called "pcre-devel" or something similar.

pws