Re: make check problem

On 01/22/2015 09:56 AM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
I've said before that "not available" is not a "fault."  You're reading
way too much into "make check" skipping a test.

Sure. But it's difficult to know what's important there and what is not. I get the feeling that this pcre isn't important, still one might consider 'not available' to be something to worry about if you didn't know it wasn't, since one might ask why it's checked if it *isn't* important. (Or checked at all if it is explicitly not available.)

It's special because it's extremely non-standard and changes the meaning
of the expressions on the right-hand-side of the =~ comparison, so if
unknowingly enabled it might break scripts.

Ok thanks. Looks like I don't want it anyway. At this point it's an exercise.

Patch: ...

      Testing PCRE multibyte with locale en_US.UTF-8

   ./V07pcre.ztst: all tests successful.
   43 successful test scripts, 0 failures, 0 skipped

Navy clean ;-)