Re: BUG: $_ empty on null function call

On Feb 9,  3:13pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} I suppose saying things like 'does anybody know why PRINTEXITVALUE only
} works if the shell is executing code from standard input' is a bit
} pointless?

There seem to be (perhaps "have been" would be more accurate as I think
we've changed some of them) several places where SHINSTDIN was used as
a placeholder for "stderr is a terminal, therefore we can print this
without garbling output that may be going where the user won't see it".