Re: bracketed paste mode in xterm and urxvt

On 06/10/2015 02:28 AM, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> On 5 Jun, Yuri D'Elia wrote:
>> What if the terminal itself turns off BREAK processing during paste?
>
> You can try. Would be interesting. May not work when there is ssh/sshd,
> telnet, screen, tmux etc sat between urxvt and zsh.

I will give it a try. Doesn't sound complicated to implement (easier
than read ssh source code anyway..).

From reading termios(8) though, if we disable BREAK a \0 is emitted in
his place.

>> Putty also eats it by the way. If that's the case for all terminals, I
>> would just enabled it by default.
>
> We can always add some tests later if it appears to be necessary. Any
> objections?
> I've tried quite hard to find a terminal that won't eat the sequence and
> found none.

I have an old SGI Octane sitting somewhere, with IRIX 6.5... but do we
really want to support it ? ;)

I would say it's really better if this was enabled by default and see if
there's any report coming in.