Re: PATCH: completion of dates

Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> I don't really like this change. I usually forget the order for m3M+
> glob qualifiers, so it's handy to just press tab to see when which is
> valid, but now it starts autofilling stuff instead, and scrolling off
> everything else on my terminal. It also doesn't seem to insert
> anything actually sensible... but even if the bugs are fixed I would
> prefer to turn the whole thing off. :)

It can be turned off with:
  zstyle ':completion:*:dates' max-matches-length 0
If the function stays, I can add some documentation for that.

The line of _dates which causes the autofilling is:
  compstate[insert]=menu:$(( compstate[nmatches] + $#disp ))

Other places where we set compstate[insert] in a similar manner include
_pids and _mpc where we have insert-ids and insert-song-numbers styles
to control this. I could do something similar here. Any thoughts
on a style name: I think it is better to reuse generic names (i.e.
insert-ids) rather than name it insert-dates? Would you be happy with
that as a way forward? I wish it was possible to simply colour the
current date but a pattern to do that would match, e.g. the 10th of
every month.

Could you elaborate on "the bugs"? Issues could be reliant on your
timezone/setup/terminal and so not obvious to me. The issue mentioned by
Bart is a general menu selection thing.

Oliver