Re: Vim yodl syntax highlighting

Jason Spiro wrote on Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 14:46:24 -0400:
> On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 10:12 AM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I've sketched a Vim syntax file for zsh yodl files.  Not perfect yet but
> > better than no highlighting at all.
> >
> > At this time there are two known issues:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Should this live in the zsh repository?  If it's useful to people it
> > should live alongside the code, but if it's just me, I'll throw it on my
> > personal github account.
>
> Thank you for creating this!

Welcome!

> > You can submit your file to:  https://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/entry
>
> Oh.  I just reread what you wrote, and now I actually understand it.
> These are the _zsh_ flavor of yodl files.

Yes, that's correct.  The syntax file only handles the subset of yodl
used by Doc/Zsh/*.yo.  It doesn't attempt to handle a "generally useful"
subset of yodl (a quick check says there are many yodl macros that the
zsh manual doesn't use).

Perhaps I should advertise the zyodl.vim's existence to the yodl-users@
list so that someone might pick it up and build a generic yodl.vim on
top of it.  The problem with this plan is, there's no such list ☹

Cheers,

Daniel