Re: bracketed paste

Bart wrote:
> } (note that there seems to be a bug that we aren't doing unmeta() on
> } postedit so you might need the patch below for these).
>
> Ah, I thought that was intentional to assure that the postedit string
> was output verbatim.  Are param values stored metafied?  I don't see any

I'd assume they are. var=$'one\0two' works so surely it is needed for
that.

It's a pity our function prototypes aren't explicit on this.

> unmeta() in the getsparam() call chain, which is used to retrieve the
> values of e.g. PROMPT_EOL_MARK, TMPPREFIX, EDITOR, HISTFILE, ...  Do
> all of those need unmetafying too?

TMPPREFIX+=$'\u2584'
noglob echo =(echo)
/tmp/zshâ>#â>#clEH3p
That seems to be picking up extra garbage.

hist.c around line 2721, explicitly does open(unmeta(fn), ....
but the not HAVE_SYMLINK branch in lockhistfile doesn't use unmeta.
And none of the zerr calls bother.

I think PROMPT_EOL_MARK is passed through promptexpand which I think
is fixing it. EDITOR is fine when exported. FCEDIT seems to work because
it is passed through word splitting.

Oliver