Re: X font completion is buggy

On Jul 27,  7:11am, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
} Subject: Re: X font completion is buggy
}
} On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 5:19 AM, Bart Schaefer
} <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > On Jul 27,  1:01am, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
} > }
} > } But if I type "1", how can I disambiguate between -1 and -15 so that
} > } the cursor moves back to the "n"?
} >
} > A reasonable question, but not one that is specific to _x_fonts.
}
} There is this widget, which might do something useful here?
}
} cycle-completion-positions
} After inserting an unambiguous string into the command line
} [...] This widget allows the cursor to be easily
} moved to the other inter- esting spots.

Yes, if Vincent were willing to invoke that widget instead of using
TAB repeatedly, it would help.

Unfortuntately there's no way to build that into the completion funcs
themselves, because CURSOR et al. are read-only during completion.