Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: [PATCH] bracketed-paste: change quoting style
- X-seq: zsh-workers 36205
- From: Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] bracketed-paste: change quoting style
- Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 21:59:52 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d= daniel.shahaf.name; h=content-transfer-encoding:content-type :date:from:in-reply-to:message-id:mime-version:references :subject:to:x-sasl-enc:x-sasl-enc; s=mesmtp; bh=HwbuetyfdrZ4fLGf Tq7ZHnwgrtw=; b=T3VUr1pGp70A0hwk5Q2LTmw1gpEIkG7Rx0iQTkBEMU/rXg4K WP2v5UvRuRS5Fi1c8qyPVMoMwQ2buql2uC4PGPhf6uWqz3hCy/wmpHjnHrVJZcI/ 5eXlrqP74F6O5IiqRM6cAThpe/+sf3QYMo+wL3vO9KLtBVywV2Y3XTUNHTA=
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d= messagingengine.com; h=content-transfer-encoding:content-type :date:from:in-reply-to:message-id:mime-version:references :subject:to:x-sasl-enc:x-sasl-enc; s=smtpout; bh=HwbuetyfdrZ4fLG fTq7ZHnwgrtw=; b=CMHhIMsa44Zi2ReuSnUehOs0YHXySHnWKQLJX64WwE4dAmR bPA7tZWJlfnAp/fAfS/qF/ytZM1WUtAgrVsHfsCA0d9SOwX+hSYtkTGaKYRn7otl CgwF1G6MxdfTHUN0aM1/o4noxZdHEMxzswf6G/cP9VHsJvbh+mhBEScV37Kg=
- In-reply-to: <150813165709.ZM28957@torch.brasslantern.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20150811220922.GF1859@tarsus.local2> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <150813092049.ZM28652@torch.brasslantern.com> <20150813231946.GE1998@tarsus.local2> <150813165709.ZM28957@torch.brasslantern.com>
Bart Schaefer wrote on Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 16:57:09 -0700:
> On Aug 13, 11:19pm, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> } I agree that separating the "paste it" and "quote it" to separate steps
> } would be good, but it doesn't seem to work in current git: invoking
> } quote-region quotes the entire command line, not only the pasted part.
> } Does it depend on an uncommitted patch or something?
> No, but you have to set the mark before pasting; the action of pasting
> does not make the region active (though it replaces the active region
> if there is one).
I see; so the workflow is <set-mark-command><paste><quote-region>. This is
nice. However, I will keep using <NUMERIC><paste>, because it's fewer
As to changing the default quoting style, I went ahead and pushed it. (Using
single quotes is consistent with quote-region and quote-line.) I saw the
discussion about which values of NUMERIC should cause quoting (36193) but
I think it is orthogonal.
As Oliver said — we can make further changes later if needed.
P.S. Someone pointed out on IRC that 'typeset -p IFS' prints a literal
newline character. Perhaps it should use $''-quoting to escape the
Messages sorted by: