Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Pasting UTF-8 characters with bracketed-paste-magic seems broken in 5.1
- X-seq: zsh-workers 36464
- From: Axel Beckert <abe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Pasting UTF-8 characters with bracketed-paste-magic seems broken in 5.1
- Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 13:17:52 +0200
- Face: 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
- In-reply-to: <20150906155751.GD3721@sym.noone.org>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mail-followup-to: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Organization: DeuxChevaux.org -- The Citroën 2CV Database
- References: <20150906155751.GD3721@sym.noone.org>
On Sun, Sep 06, 2015 at 05:57:52PM +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
> while trying to paste a git commit message after 'git commit -m "'
> using a middle click of my mouse into an uxterm, nothing happened
> anymore afterwards. The pasted text didn't display and nothing of what
> I typed showed up anymore...
> Until I pressed Ctrl-C. Then the text appeared without the prepended
> 'git commit -m "' on the commandline, plus a new prompt.
> Start a "zsh -f" in an uxterm. Any other UTF-8 capable terminal likely
> does it, too. Run the following two commands:
> autoload -Uz bracketed-paste-magic
> zle -N bracketed-paste bracketed-paste-magic
> Then type "echo ", but don't press enter. Copy an UTF-8 "ä" from
> somewhere else with the mouse and paste it after "echo ".
> Nothing will happen. Type a few words. Nothing will happen either.
> Then press Ctrl-C. The UTF-8 character and the typed words will appear
> where the "echo " had been before and you will be back at a new,
> emptied prompt.
Has nobody an idea what could cause this?
I'd be glad to see this fixed in 5.1.1 as I consider it quite annoying
(and confusing), but I have no idea what I should look for in the
Kind regards, Axel
/~\ Plain Text Ribbon Campaign | Axel Beckert
\ / Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News | abe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Mail)
X See http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html | abe@xxxxxxxxx (Mail+Jabber)
/ \ I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://abe.noone.org/ (Web)
Messages sorted by: