Re: zcurses input timeout and window resizing

On 9/30/15 5:41 AM, Andrew Janke wrote:
I'm running in to an issue with the interaction between "zcurses timeout"/"zcurses input" and terminal window resizing. On OS X, it seems that if you resize a window while waiting on a "zcurses input", the timeout will effectively be ignored, and "zcurses input" will block until actual input is received.

Any known workarounds to this? Maybe it's dependent on the version of curses? My OS X zsh is linked against libncurses.5.4.dylib; the Debian one against libncursesw.so.5.

The "tetriscurses" example program seems to stay live through window sizes on the same OS X system, and I can't figure out what it's doing differently to keep the timeout working through window resizes.
Think I partially answered my own question here: I rebuilt a zsh 5.1.1 against ncurses 6.0 on OS X, and on that one, the timeouts work through window resizes. Still curious how tetriscurses seems to work even with ncurses 5.4.

Andrew