Bug Report: Interactive Mode Glitches

I relatively often see bugs in zsh's interactive mode. I can't duplicate
them frequently, but the trigger is nearly always either: 1) hitting
backspace when already in interactive mode and incremental matching is
happening, or 2) hitting Ctrl-C in an attempt to exit from interactive mode.

Here are some relevant settings:

zstyle ':completion:*' menu select=0 interactive
zstyle ':completion:*' insert-unambiguous true

#
#

setopt COMPLETE_IN_WORD    # Complete from both ends of a word.
setopt ALWAYS_TO_END       # Move cursor to the end of a completed word.
setopt PATH_DIRS           # Perform path search even on command names with
slashes.
setopt AUTO_MENU           # Show completion menu on a successive tab press.
unsetopt AUTO_LIST           # Automatically list choices on ambiguous
completion. Changed by NF
setopt AUTO_PARAM_SLASH    # If completed parameter is a directory, add a
trailing slash.
unsetopt MENU_COMPLETE     # Do not autoselect the first completion entry.
unsetopt FLOW_CONTROL      # Disable start/stop characters in shell editor.

LISTMAX=0

I'm happy to try to provide more information, if someone can tell me how
(perhaps run zsh with some kind of debug flag, and look in there the next
time a crash happens?).

Cheers,

Nir