Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Call git directly to bypass possible functions under the same name
- X-seq: zsh-workers 37884
- From: Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Valni <ttemplate223@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Call git directly to bypass possible functions under the same name
- Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 22:19:05 +0100
- Cc: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <56B3BBEE.email@example.com> (Valni's message of "Thu, 4 Feb 2016 22:00:30 +0100")
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <56B3BBEE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Hopefully I have reached the right mailing list and posted a valid
This would probably be better suited on the zsh-users list, but you're
in the right vicinity. :)
> I stumbled upon an issue today when creating a function which adds SSH
> keys to an agent on demand. This function should (and does, in `zsh -f`)
> only be called when git/ssh is used. The function also has the same name
> as the program.
> However, I use a zsh framework which depends on vcs_info, which causes
> some issue (https://github.com/Eriner/zim/issues/30).
> When git is called from vcs_info, it does not appear to call it
> directly, so any definitions of it, such as a function, will take priority.
> This results in the function (seen in the first post of the GitHub
> issue) being called when any (or none at all) command is called, because
> the framework checks if the current directory is used by git using vcs_info.
> Could vcs_info be changed so that it calls git directly? Thus far, this
> appears to be the cause of the issue.
We are not going to change the way that vcs_info works with respect to
this. If you got a wrapper that is incompatible with the way that git
works, use a "command" style to force the command used by vcs_info to
its full path name:
% zstyle ':vcs_info:git:*:-all-' command =git
Messages sorted by: