Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: reverse-menu-complete re-starting completion on 5.2?
- X-seq: zsh-workers 38102
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Zsh workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: reverse-menu-complete re-starting completion on 5.2?
- Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 09:41:54 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:message-id:date:in-reply-to:comments:references:to:subject :mime-version; bh=HgoGl1a4oIKaAKWcqrduRf6kTRB5DhhQmC+XdFMlpsA=; b=fpBlavxnBIYaIgrBvfrVqMGWa7qPr4TvT2cc4DzTkJycs+O0Dw56DL+uZcYzW85hwu /SBI7kaTp9FZnvsX9Sktg6j2DZkyRWLbn8NtulTv+wrO1yWY75JdXTDIo3T3zXaY1R7B z1lJwgY39iUJhZoJ3da3h8gXmfLMJok8BCnOthRtijkQxGgd5xviYQGeHJJzUWrQLOCF 0ZVWb2Tl0ByMyUW7cFiLtwtvlwa2N4BD2p8MNq9Wsuu7zdAiOTJ8Uk899YIzrCpnpYyI kyTZT9rglbgIuOIAh0l6oO64Yqs6nM1E0R529FMm78XCDbqLJQONREH8d5aJbbzHN+f/ Aeuw==
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20160226175937.GA22547@lorien.comfychair.org> <160226114511.ZM17604@torch.brasslantern.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Meant to respond to this a while ago ...
On Feb 29, 1:45am, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
} Even before that commit I can reproduce a variant of the problem by
} starting menu completion with reverse-menu-complete and then switching
} to a forwards menu complete.
Not surprising, really.
} [...] I'm really not sure why we need to be so
} strict about the completion widget matching the last completion widget.
The only reason I can think of is in case menu completion is invoked from
within a user-defined widget, or otherwise entered by a different widget
than simple forward/reverse menu completion. In that instance the user is
presumably not continuing with the menu in progress but instead wants to
start over. I.e. similar to tests of $LASTWIDGET in Functions/Zle/*.
} anyone foresee any problem with just relaxing the condition (see patch).
Maybe we'd need another flag action for "zle -f" to continue/interrupt a
menu in progress, but probably it will work as expected more often with
the patch than without. I suggest you push and we'll find out if a need
for a flag arises.
Messages sorted by: