Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: reverse-menu-complete re-starting completion on 5.2?
- X-seq: zsh-workers 38107
- From: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: reverse-menu-complete re-starting completion on 5.2?
- Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 03:05:05 +0100
- Cc: Zsh workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc; bh=HuRAG7yZf4/kZzpOcbmajvshlbzr3S0ibZcpsIMx/NU=; b=BOMOKySiOjBuRqQ5L6dzuBz+LsuRYoM9QhxVZ5Ig6r7cfU4Qv/2p/eo+Kt5KI35fkM UreoPJplLPcWETtcpjNHZWFErHtdHE8R+rJvPP7WH9LMpiPg4nwDNFbPkHj3k48Ykr9Q kYwU//dx7EXCjoOnQ1wWGuWsCBEujDGFt3ETCS3Js7pE6VVXobQ8lFuOUxwDJWAilo83 VuZ6k3QzyfxeJkwEQZ4vgbzOZZJQj85Oz1gTvfckiL5qfe+HIejpRXfWNgATIlRYTHOS Dyqq4dL4rgKHBioZMVV2MQFHVJiLE46Iuyao+NHDUgYekqm4EyvFErwlxbB21BkZLZlp 1pUg==
- In-reply-to: <160306094154.ZM20831@torch.brasslantern.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20160226175937.GA22547@lorien.comfychair.org> <160226114511.ZM17604@torch.brasslantern.com> <email@example.com> <160306094154.ZM20831@torch.brasslantern.com>
On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 6:41 PM, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Meant to respond to this a while ago ...
> On Feb 29, 1:45am, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> } Even before that commit I can reproduce a variant of the problem by
> } starting menu completion with reverse-menu-complete and then switching
> } to a forwards menu complete.
> Not surprising, really.
> } [...] I'm really not sure why we need to be so
> } strict about the completion widget matching the last completion widget.
> The only reason I can think of is in case menu completion is invoked from
> within a user-defined widget, or otherwise entered by a different widget
> than simple forward/reverse menu completion. In that instance the user is
> presumably not continuing with the menu in progress but instead wants to
> start over. I.e. similar to tests of $LASTWIDGET in Functions/Zle/*.
> } anyone foresee any problem with just relaxing the condition (see patch).
> Maybe we'd need another flag action for "zle -f" to continue/interrupt a
> menu in progress, but probably it will work as expected more often with
> the patch than without. I suggest you push and we'll find out if a need
> for a flag arises.
I can tell you I quite often complete a directory name using normal
completion, and then press ctrl-n to complete files inside by latest
modification date. If this continued cycling directories instead, it
would be quite inconvenient. But yeah, push and we'll see what happens
(I just now noticed that the other way around, switching from ctrl-n
to tab already does continue the same cycle which is not a problem for
me but seems slightly weird).
Messages sorted by: