Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: reverse-menu-complete re-starting completion on 5.2?
- X-seq: zsh-workers 38118
- From: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: reverse-menu-complete re-starting completion on 5.2?
- Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 12:12:41 +0100
- Cc: Zsh workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc; bh=Ow6AaXtIisKm1iffb40vLoJmNcYRf1feIKvUmD4w2ts=; b=uFLhsGdR2I+OLovZhFpfa8+oE0onpsR7OFylAAlz3roERwvuYWaer7BwyfFoMh5v8p Sd9SZ0ZgNz/WOvkuEJcq/IMUD2AgAFp42C4Q+kJEI/l4aEn8wpSUJ1+b18vQHqKwIGLk Ba9mcULlZ7dodQ1W9wVSZ1tUYFVYtamRJl+JU8y5fwbHeNKgwqy6xJeIPppQFk0305ii 9JHLW3aSy9m5OYID84dEiuY92OVkl4U741/0WUfngyxUjUhB9ZrJizDSSdIVWm4ytNqr MMSjr6Cv5gqsKGTdqb1P11RTZy23Rcu53PgDPjjlS2RmfGcW3o5Kp8mmdc9wV0+Fty8/ zGjA==
- In-reply-to: <CAHYJk3R-gr5C2LTJeXKaW7oUfs49pdPKkj=y3-XCv2dMT7rbcA@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20160226175937.GA22547@lorien.comfychair.org> <160226114511.ZM17604@torch.brasslantern.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <160306094154.ZM20831@torch.brasslantern.com> <CAHYJk3R-gr5C2LTJeXKaW7oUfs49pdPKkj=y3-XCv2dMT7rbcA@mail.gmail.com>
On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 3:05 AM, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 6:41 PM, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Meant to respond to this a while ago ...
>> On Feb 29, 1:45am, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
>> } Even before that commit I can reproduce a variant of the problem by
>> } starting menu completion with reverse-menu-complete and then switching
>> } to a forwards menu complete.
>> Not surprising, really.
>> } [...] I'm really not sure why we need to be so
>> } strict about the completion widget matching the last completion widget.
>> The only reason I can think of is in case menu completion is invoked from
>> within a user-defined widget, or otherwise entered by a different widget
>> than simple forward/reverse menu completion. In that instance the user is
>> presumably not continuing with the menu in progress but instead wants to
>> start over. I.e. similar to tests of $LASTWIDGET in Functions/Zle/*.
>> } anyone foresee any problem with just relaxing the condition (see patch).
>> Maybe we'd need another flag action for "zle -f" to continue/interrupt a
>> menu in progress, but probably it will work as expected more often with
>> the patch than without. I suggest you push and we'll find out if a need
>> for a flag arises.
> I can tell you I quite often complete a directory name using normal
> completion, and then press ctrl-n to complete files inside by latest
> modification date. If this continued cycling directories instead, it
> would be quite inconvenient. But yeah, push and we'll see what happens
> to that.
Well, this use-case did indeed break with this commit.
Messages sorted by: