Re: leading '=' in enviroment variable truncated

On May 8,  9:28pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} On Sun, 8 May 2016 13:24:06 -0700
} Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > Astounding.
} >
} > The Open Group spec for "setenv" explicitly prohibits "=" in the name,
} > and says nothing about the value.  The source code for setenv.c on
} > opensource.apple.com does nothing special with name or value.
} >
} > How about this?
}
} This tries to be smarter, but I don't know if it's worth it... it's
} untested on the target system.

If we're going to go so far as to have a configure test, shouldn't we
include a check that setenv is in fact defined before attempting to
run a test that uses it?