Re: zsh Issue - "Tab" character is not pasted into shell

Xavier Martínez Serrano <xmarti6@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I recently experimented an issue when pasting "tab" characters to zsh
> terminal. Whereas
> changing the shell to "sh" or opening a terminal editor like "nano" allowed
> me to paste
> a text with tabs, when copying the same text with tabs into "zsh" it
> literally EATS the TAB
> characters.

> When coyp/pasted (via menu or shortcut(Ctrk+Shift+V) to sh or nano the
> output is as expected:
>
> this<TAB>is<TAB>a<TAB>test
>
> But when pasted to "zsh" the output is:
>
> thisisatest

Without special copy&paste support, "pasting" just means the terminal
emulator types in the text very quickly, and <TAB> means to do
completion in this case...

That said, recent zsh support terminal copy&paste, so with my zsh 5.2
this works out of the box (setopt zle_bracketed_paste), at least in
urxvt and xterm.

Hope this helps,
--
Christian Neukirchen  <chneukirchen@xxxxxxxxx>  http://chneukirchen.org