Re: zsh Issue - "Tab" character is not pasted into shell

On Sep 1,  3:48pm, Christian Neukirchen wrote:
} Subject: Re: zsh Issue - "Tab" character is not pasted into shell
}
} Xavier Martinez Serrano <xmarti6@xxxxxxxx> writes:
}
} > I recently experimented an issue when pasting "tab" characters to zsh
}
} Without special copy&paste support, "pasting" just means the terminal
} emulator types in the text very quickly, and <TAB> means to do
} completion in this case...

If you are using completions from "compinit" you can do this:

    zstyle ':completion::*' insert-tab 'pending=1'

This causes completion to look for pending input when it sees a TAB
character and insert the tab literally if there's more input after it.
Typically this happens only when pasting unless you are working with
a very slow connection or a heavily loaded CPU, so the effect is that
you are able to paste tabs without having completion consume them.

} That said, recent zsh support terminal copy&paste, so with my zsh 5.2
} this works out of the box (setopt zle_bracketed_paste), at least in
} urxvt and xterm.

There's actually no setopt for this, it's on by default.  To turn it
OFF you must do "unset zle_bracketed_paste" (it's a parameter, not an
option).