Re: Zsh OpenStack completions

On 09/06/2016 08:39 AM, Marko Myllynen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Below is a patch to add completions for several OpenStack related
> command line clients, including the new common client, openstack(1).

Adding shell completion for openstack seems like something that is
better fit committing to their respective project(s). Since it's a
very active moving target I would imagine by the completer becoming
dated fairly quickly. Committing it there would also (possibly) have
more eyeballs that actually use openstack to help out too.

_systemd would be the most recent example of this. We had a completer
distributed with zsh. It wasn't kept up to date and people started to
maintain completers in the systemd git repo. It actually caused
confusion in #zsh for a few people when they noticed some commands wasn't
showing all of the options expected on some systems and not others. Since
two completers for systemd's utilities were in $fpath where as another
OS decided to delete _systemd from zsh's source when packaging it.