Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Bug: cd auto-completion of .. fails with parentheses in directory name
- X-seq: zsh-workers 39765
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Bug: cd auto-completion of .. fails with parentheses in directory name
- Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 12:44:12 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:message-id:date:in-reply-to:comments:references:to:subject :mime-version; bh=42S4GtSKp66wX7MjzBbbqsASKabFiLfs198VI/nEhnM=; b=YUScbUfEjeal0gzOVcCDGz28Te7lNuDDJgFmkd7OiAIkx9agnYHbLTCnGc7bKUsgru 3lFwHbVZ6rZAR34hbRxxz/iLKeJ6+03M92xr8aNRvJskf3DNqaINVj24SvfYrTc9KOyY RH0DFH1YOi+6mDs0ZYk5poEaTdIYyqvN5xMFrimlLOzM2vRMwwE8d4F31+riI6WjUWIU cmKMulHjZA9IQ3+9EglholcJFu4a8kjhQcZfO/xY/9YzJimpnmTyJPJwJ2s/o77cBGcb ELyhIN97sBZ6sXlfyXgkyQd1Q6lMuNM/OfgHoxGfL7evbwYceEu4hEc99kaljHG2Kt8h FAQA==
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAPnWG_TR7DC7h36m-jp6PnuY=M4ViwwWNMtaT9aU4wawygzoBg@mail.gmail.com> <20160922144250.GA11076@fujitsu.shahaf.local2> <160922103042.ZM7407@torch.brasslantern.com> <CAHYJk3QmMUr0_C0-aAMYCNsmeXuo14JzVXwuimBk05meeX88wA@mail.gmail.com> <20161028151037.GA10483@fujitsu.shahaf.local2> <20161029180632.GA18192@fujitsu.shahaf.local2> <email@example.com>
On Oct 29, 7:39pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: Bug: cd auto-completion of .. fails with parentheses in direc
} On Sat, 29 Oct 2016 18:06:32 +0000
} Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > The following fixes it without breaking the original case; however, the
} > comment is a Sven original so I'm a bit wary of contravening it.
} That's a "my goodness, is that the time?" if ever I saw it.
My intuition would be that the line Daniel commented out was there in
the first place because the quoting that was added in the compfiles
internals was not previously present. The fact that the end result
is double-backslashing of some of the special characters would tend
to support this notion.
I'd lean toward committing Daniel's _path_files one-line change.
} The first step to getting this under control is probably tests. There
} are some Y01completion tests involving files. A few with more exotic
} characters plus variables wouldn't hurt. What else is needed?
I agree this would be a good place to start ... exotic characters are
interesting, but probably less so than characters from the set of
pattern characters and other shell specials.
Messages sorted by: