Re: Error in zshaddhistory() should not prevent command from running

On Jan 1,  3:10am, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
} Subject: Re: Error in zshaddhistory() should not prevent command from runn
}
} > Possibly more controversial, why run this hook at all when nothing is
} > being added?
}
} 2) It's easier to call the user-provided hook function on one more case
} that it can easily ignore, than not to do so and to leave the user with
} no easy alternative.

As far as I can tell the only case where *chline == '\0' is when the EOF
character has been typed -- there's always at least a newline in there
in all other circumstances.  There are lots of other places to add to
the history on shell exit.  But this is why I asked -- other opinions?