Re: Fwd: Re: %N in prompt shows "_zsh_highlight_call_widget" on Ctrl-L instead of e.g. "/usr/bin/zsh" or "-zsh" since recently (#414)

On Feb 14,  5:18pm, Axel Beckert wrote:
}
} What I was looking for seems to be $ZSH_ARGZERO. So far that works
} fine. I hope, it's backwards compatible to at least 4.3.9 from Debian
} 7 Wheezy. :-)

Sadly, I think not.  ZSH_ARGZERO was only added in the past year.

It should work backwards-portably to do e.g.

PS1="${${ZSH_ARGZERO:-%N}:t} %# "

because %N will do what you want for versions where ZSH_ARGZERO is not
defined.