Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: signal mask bug?
- X-seq: zsh-workers 40549
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: signal mask bug?
- Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 20:10:44 -0800
- Authentication-results: amavisd4.gkg.net (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (2048-bit key) header.d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:message-id:date:in-reply-to:comments:references:to:subject :mime-version; bh=ofFbLrWJkW3WV3UGgcrTB+6iUpjlPvNJbYlSDOcllU4=; b=Al81zOF+VQpEytkZmv/H4vaeBWpKg0Doez2RIY/7S6+xvRQcinetqSENwTtneTh2jz zBd81hjnIn/CQGTqx101odgpyR0EKrol+C8PtqV8B66q+Lpx+Ad9At1wXhoIhm6A/LrF aBc/BFiM0SRAAhw0fL0j9W3TrnVsb3hWwEhJDFEK8xRJJ1739AvJYxFsnHBDkh5MuVlo Rdf28mrD5Fx09lHTw8IBizYfkJJ++fmWQY4aGr2WwO3bphE6+A/zYyBshUPblVdmAO2i 1e6RxXmFNnfGydm70Cw/3tc4j1p6MP7Fo427kVY9r6IklW+30kF4e78JzuQYhyr/dtlB kkSg==
- In-reply-to: <20170215221757.GA24355@lorien.comfychair.org>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20170215221757.GA24355@lorien.comfychair.org>
On Feb 15, 2:17pm, Danek Duvall wrote:
} % jobs
}  + running sleep 30 |
} unknown signal (core dumped) cat
} Of course, nothing actually dumped core, suggesting it's just a reporting
Hm. This indicates that WCOREDUMP() is returning true for whatever the
job status of the cat process is.
However, presumably the status of that job should have been set to
SP_RUNNING at the same time it was for "sleep".
Which it is -- makerunning() assigns SP_RUNNING to pn->status of "cat"
But then when we reach prinjob() from the "jobs" command, pn->status of
that job has changed from -1 to 65535.
This happens at signals.c:525 in wait_for_processes(), when the status
returned from wait3(&status) [line 457] is assigned to it.
I suspect the status returned from wait3 is invalid in this case, but
I'm not sure. What would a status of 65535 mean? Or should it be
masked in some way that it isn't?
Messages sorted by: