Re: [^ax-y] doesn't work but [^x-ya] does

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017, at 11:32 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Feb 24, 12:38pm, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
> } Subject: [^ax-y] doesn't work but [^x-ya] does
> }
> } I couldn't create minimal test case interactively.
>
> I suspect therefore that value of ${ZUI[COLOR_END]} is going to matter.

It is $'\037'. I can do more as time passes, commited error-revealing
state into a branch.

> (...)
> in the expansion of $charset are treated as literal matches unles
> you use [${~charset}].  There are all sorts of possible side-effects
> here if the value of $charset begins or ends with hyphen.
>
> I understand you say that's not the case here, just mentioning in
> the context.
>
> So you've found something that causes the hyphen in $'\03'-$'\010' to
> remain untokenized.

I knew you gonna spot it, but this morning started to bisect so finished
it, and just for completeness it is 1c41f98 "37705: don't turn - to Dash
after start of brace parameter".

--
  Sebastian Gniazdowski
  psprint2@xxxxxxxxxxxx