Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: workers/40626 (commit 6c476c22) causes multiple test failures
- X-seq: zsh-workers 40669
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: workers/40626 (commit 6c476c22) causes multiple test failures
- Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 08:38:55 -0800
- Authentication-results: amavisd4.gkg.net (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (2048-bit key) header.d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:message-id:date:in-reply-to:comments:references:to:subject :mime-version; bh=pNu0Pgvz6wYfph3STP7h1cdzUnA+owHtZAXYgnfzYN0=; b=ITbrtQHDWeQdkihzzyspi8TqDMg5g58HChmu9aa7HkrlkQ8VNk0Wkp6HHBRTOs1COo 0aOlJkU+o6KxIkSTZrrPQeunvc12tshf4necxhKlfUX0uxUl2+8E+iGeb/jnXBjASqwu 4F7ffMtLytuEI3WYa6bc0qtWEtRR1xtS0cER84UULjaR0If9NXourNAIqFyfTCE7FuNO ZTL3hiq0ccJuIR9jB8FrKCMyF6ZJHfgLyOIbHTQyu59vA7Cs4CpNOLsBWZOVdHk2HmHT NJVjWm66q3wMxeIfKCS37vicWPt2ibtJf5wKyc7iT2Rdz+U9bXDdomT8MuCG59KPL401 5pzA==
- In-reply-to: <20170228074549.GA8753@fujitsu.shahaf.local2>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <170225160455.ZM15040@torch.brasslantern.com> <20170226061620.GA3729@fujitsu.shahaf.local2> <170226114216.ZM4201@torch.brasslantern.com> <20170228074549.GA8753@fujitsu.shahaf.local2>
On Feb 28, 7:45am, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
} Subject: Re: workers/40626 (commit 6c476c22) causes multiple test failures
} Bart Schaefer wrote on Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 11:42:16 -0800:
} > I suspect this is what comes of some attempt to optimize assignments.
It occurs to me that $options et al. predate the += syntax, so this may
just have been overlooked when adding array-append.
} For future reference, James (who reported the original bug offlist) has
} since reported another symptom:
} % autoload -Uz compinit; compinit; setopt listambiguous; options+=()
So here's my question ... why would you ever attempt to append to the
options parameter, empty append or otherwise? The options hash always
contains all possible valid keys; you can't add/delete a key; you can't
duplicate a key; so it absolutely never makes sense to append options.
I was half of a mind to flat out make it an error, as these are ...
zsh: no such option: bogus
zsh: invalid value:
... until I realized that all the other zsh/parameter hashes had the
same problem and some of them *could* sensibly be appended.
Messages sorted by: