Re: LINENO behaviour in sh mode

On Mar 23,  4:09am, Martijn Dekker wrote:
}
} Op 23-03-17 om 03:45 schreef Bart Schaefer:
} > You're forgetting about the second effect of this, which is to print
} > "(eval)" in xtrace output instead of the script or function name.  Try
} > your test again with "set -x" ...
}
} Yes, but how is that a problem? Seems like logical behaviour to me.

Just pointing out that it's another difference that will appear.  It
may not matter but someone might care about their prompt changing etc.

} (BTW, Bart, all your messages have been coming through zwh-workers in
} duplicate for quite some time now, the second copy always about 2K
} larger than the first due to extra routing headers.)

Thanks for letting me know; that means at least some of gmail's SMTP
relays are off the blocklist used by primenet.  Gmail inbox suppresses
duplicates and so apparently does the list archive (do both copies of
what you see have the same X-Seq ?) so I can't see the effect myself.

I'll try this one without the second copy and see what happens.