Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by: Reverse Date, Date, Thread, Author

Re: mikachu/badarrays (Re: Valgrind testing, ideas)

On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 9:43 PM, Bart Schaefer
<schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On May 26,  7:04am, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
> }
> } The arrlen branch seems to faint. I had this idea of employing
> } valgrind, to get certain about code in the branch.
> }
> } Found 4 errors, instantly.
> I took a stab at merging mikachu/badarrays into the current master,
> and for the most part it was straightforward, but there are too many
> conflicting changes to Src/params.c (different numbers of values in
> the replacements for the whole suite of IPDEF macros, of which more
> have been added in the meantime; bug fixes in getarrvalue() that
> overlap the PM_CACHLEN changes).  I gave up on attempting to follow
> what would need to be be edited to bring the latest code up to date.
> I could push the current broken (won't compile) state up to the origin
> (I branched my merge as schaefer/badarrays) if Mikachu is interested in
> cleaning up params.c.  In the meantime it's probably not worthwhile to
> attempt memory checking on mikchu/badarrays.

Well, it never worked in the first place, that's why i put "bad" in
the name. It's basically just a documentation of the places I found
that would need to be updated to use a cached length value, but since
it doesn't work I guess I didn't find all of them, or I misunderstood
some parts of the code that I changed...

Mikael Magnusson

Messages sorted by: Reverse Date, Date, Thread, Author